Search Results for:login username password
Change My Default Login Time This information might be out of context
NameBright has specifically prevented your browser from remembering the password to our site. This is so that you do not accidentally log in on a public computer and have that computer remember your password - giving anyone who uses that computer in the future access to your account.
The Login Storage Length option lets you tell NameBright how long we are to remember a given login before asking you to login again. We recommend setting this to be as short of a time as possible. Especially if you are using public computers to login to NameBright.
As you would expect, once you click the "Logout" button, you will be logged out and NameBright will require you to login again.
While it is not recommended to set a login time of days, or even weeks - if you are positive you only access NameBright from private computers, and want to take a little more risk - we do allow you to chose your login length for periods up to 30 days at a time.
Change My Password This information might be out of context
Use this option to change the password to your account. Once you change your password, anyone currently logged in to this account will be automatically logged out and asked to provide the new password. As you are the person changing the password, you will not be logged out during a password change.
What Happens If I Forgot My Password?
Click on the 'Reset Your Password' tab above. Next, enter your email address in the form. We'll email your password to the email address we have on file. Check your email inbox - when you receive the email from us, follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
Forgot your Username?
Click on the 'Forgot Your Username' tab. Enter your email address, and we'll send your username to the email address we have on file.
How do I setup email in Microsoft Outlook 2010? This information might be out of context
NameBrightMail supports all versions of Microsoft Outlook. If you need help setting up your email on an Outlook you can follow the instructions below. Please note setup steps might very depending on the version of Outlook you are using. This tutorial is written specifically for Microsoft Outlook 2010.
First, be sure you have created an email account at NameBright.com.
- Open Outlook and select the "File" tab
- Click the button that says "Account Settings" and then select "Add and remove accounts" in the dropdown.
- Click the "New" button
- Check "E-mail Account" and then click "Next".
- Select the option at the very bottom that is "Manually configure settings or additional server types", then click "Next"
- Select "Internet E-mail" and then click "Next"
- Type your name, email address in the first section
- Select POP3 from the dropdown and add "pop.namebrightmail.com" to the "Incoming Mail Server" line
- For the outgoing mail server (SMTP) enter "smtp.namebrightmail.com"
- For login information your username is your FULL EMAIL ADDRESS. Enter your password.
- Depending on preference you might want this in a "New Outlook Data File" or an "Existing Outlook Data File". This is a preference on how outlook will work and treat email. If you select "Existing Outlook Data File" all mail will be sent into one datafile where you only have one inbox.
- You can now click the button that says "Test Account Settings." If it comes back a success, hit "close" and then "next" to finish setting up the account.
- If you had any issues in the test in the above step, click on "More Settings". On the outgoing server check that "My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and make sure that you have "Use same settings as my incoming mail server." On the advanced page make sure the incoming server is 100 and the outgoing server is 25.
- With that your mail should be setup and ready to use.
How Do I Setup Email on an iPhone or iPad? This information might be out of context
NameBrightMail supports iPhone and iPads. If you need help setting up your email on an iPhone (written using iOS 7.0.3), use the following instructions.
First, be sure you have created an email account at NameBright.com.
- Go to “Settings” on the iPhone / iPad or similar device.
- Go to “Mail, Contacts, Calenders”
- Select “Add Account”
- Select “Other” at the bottom of the page
- Click “Add Mail Account”
- Enter your name, email address, password and a description. Click “Next” and the phone will process for a little time
- Select “POP” at the top of the screen based on what type of client you are using. It is in blue and does not look like a button very often.
- For incoming mail server when enter “pop.namebrightmail.com”
- Enter your username which is your FULL EMAIL ADDRESS, not just what is on the left of the @ symbol
- For outgoing mail server enter “smtp.namebrightmail.com”. Use your full email address again for the user name, and type your password again
- When the entire form is filled out click “Next”. They device will say “Verifying” for a little time.
---IF you get a message “Cannot Verify Server Identity” click “Continue”, this won't prevent your email from working. You will see “Verifying” a bunch more.
---IF you get a message “Cannot Connect Using SSL” click “Yes” as SSL won't prevent you from using email.
- If you are presented another screen click “Save” on the top right
- Your email is now setup and ready to be used.
Are usernames / passwords case sensitive?
Usernames are not case sensitive. USERNAME and username are treated the same. Passwords, however, are case sensitive.
What is the NameBright Security Log?
The security log is a place where you can monitor what is happening in your account. There are three severity levels... Information, Warnings and Critical. Security logs do not just provide you information about what is happening with your account, but when you have linked accounts setup (where other users can access your account) this will give you full control to see / know what is happening within your account and what user(s) have taken specific actions.
Informational: This is for your information, typically is not important details. Informational security logs typically are account logins, changing of settings in your account (such as timezone), creation/deletion of categories, creation/deletion of email accounts.
Warnings: Warnings are slightly more important to you than Informational messages. These include Failed login attempts, domains being transferred to other registrars, domains being pushed out of your account, credit card expiration notices, etc.
Critical: Critical messages are those that you should really pay the most attention to. These items include, but are not limited to ownership change of your account, password changes, turning the ability to delete domains on, actual deletion of domains from your account, adding linked accounts, etc.
Every domain has it's own domain history associated with it, so do not look in the account security log for changes to privacy protection, nameservers, host records, etc.
* Please note that not every action in NameBright creates a security log. And NameBright reserves the right to add/delete and change security log information, as well as change the severity levels assigned to each action.
Linked Account This information might be out of context
Linked Accounts allow you to grant someone else permission to your entire account, or just part of your account. Please use this form carefully as you are granting someone else access to your domain names. The person you grant access to should be a trusted person as they could potentially do harm to your domains. And in the worst case, if you grant "Not Recommended" permissions could transfer domains out, delete domains and more.
Because there are a lot of settings, and a lot of power/control with linked accounts we will provide explicit help instructions on every step of the process. If you do not understand something, be sure to click the question-mark on each step to learn more about that particular step of the process.
As you have already noticed, to be able to initiate linked account access, you will have to get the username and email address of the user you are requesting that get access to your account. If the person you are trying to give access to does not have a NameBright account, you must first get them to create a NameBright account of their own.
Push domain help
If you want to push a domain to another account you must provide the user's email address and username before the push can be initiated. This is for security purposes to make sure you don't accidentally push a domain name to the wrong person. You can not push the domain to someone who does not already have an account with NameBright.com.
Once a push is started it will expire in 5 days if the receiving user does not log into their account and "accept" the push from their end. Tell the person that is receiving the push to go to NameBright.com > My Account > Transfers > Pushing To Me. Once he/she accepts the push it will immediately be moved from your account to theirs.
If the person receiving the push wants to put the domain into a specific category or add privacy protection, they will be given the opportunity when they accept the push. (not when you initiate the push)
If the push is not accepted by the "Request Expires On" date, the push will automatically be cancelled and the domain will remain in your account. For this reason it is important if you want the push to complete that the recipient of the domain(s) accept the push in their account within 5 days of the push being initiated.
How do I transfer a domain to another registrar
It's a large process, and this is only a rough overview.
1. Purchase and request domain transfer at the new registrar
When you purchase a domain transfer, some of the registrars may let you to keep all the time remaining on your existing registration, plus you may get a FREE 1-year extension. After the payment is processed, the status of the domain at the new registrar will be set to Authorization Required. You will also receive an email from the new registrar containing Transaction ID and Security Code.
2. Request authorization code at current registrar.
Login to your current registrar account and request for 'authorization code request'. You have to turn off the domain protection before you can request authorization code from the current registrar. Following screen shows the link from my current registrar that gave the option to request authorization code.
3. Authorization code received from current registrar.
You'll receive an email from current registrar with Authorization code.
4. Begin the transfer from the new registrar using the authorization code.
Go to the new registrar and begin the transfer process. At this stage, the new registrar will display the Status as "Authorization required" and the Recommended Action as "Authorization - Begin transfer authorization"
Enter the authorization code that was received from the current registrar and complete this process. After this step, the new registrar will display the Status as"Pending Current Registrar approval" and the Recommended Action as "Accept transfer at current registrar"
5. Email Notification from current registrar.
You will get an email from the current registrar confirming your transfer request. You don't need to take any action if you want to accept the transfer. If you wish to cancel the transfer, follow the link from the email.
6. Domain Transfer completed to new registrar
A final confirmation email from new registrar was received approximately 4 days after initiating the transfer at the current registrar. Please note that the current registrar has up to 5 days to release the transfer of the domain.